HIII BLOG! This is my planning blog for the production of the film's opening! Its kinda crazy to think about we are about to start filming and are almost done with the project. But anyways, my partner Jake and I discussed our planning process in class tdy so now you're going to learn about our plan!
Production Name
In class, the first thing we had planned out was the production name that we will also include in our future logo. We began researching popular horror production companies to hopefully get some inspiration for our name. After tons of research, we found a production company, A24, a prominent American independent entertainment company specializing in film and television production and distribution. They have produced many popular horror movies, such as Hereditary (2018), Midsommar (2019), The Witch (2015), and Talk to Me (2023). I have seen some of these myself, and I can admit they are very well made. This production name really stuck out to us because it was something somewhat creative but also not difficult. We are odvisouly werent gonna copy it because we can't do that. So we came up with AB11, which is the first letter of my last name (Anciso) and the first letter of Jake's last name (Bass). To come up with a number, we chose 11 because 11 is Jake's Football number, and my number for Flag Football is 1, so we just felt it worked.
Casting!
For our cast, our main character Claire, we are still trying to figure out who we want to act. We are both struggling to think about who looks the part and would want to do it, along with me, and is a good fit. Yes, we have considered me playing Claire, and my only thing against it was having Jake film, which I like filming, and Jake is going to be doing most of the editting so id feel bad making him do both. The Park Ranger is our other charcter, we decided we are going to go to the park and ask politely if there would be any actual park rangers who work there willing to help us out. I feel this is really smart because the actual park ranger would look much more authentic than just buying a costume. I also think it would just be really cool and fun to. have a real park ranger to play a part of the a park ranger in our film.
In the next blog post, I will be discussing the creation of our logo and the production process as we are hoping to begin filming THIS WEEKEND!!
No comments:
Post a Comment