Sunday, February 15, 2026

Sound, music, audiooooo

 During the duration of the opening, Jake and I have decided to include music throughout certain parts of the scene. My partner Jake and I have been talking briefly about music and sound, and we are hoping to begin our filming this upcoming weekend. In class, we will be taking a deeper dive into our discussion about our audio choices and music.  

My first initial thought for music is to include an instrumental extract for the introduction of the opening. During this time, the credits will also be displayed. Unfortunatly due to the fact that we have not actuallt began filming, it's hard to choose music to integrate if we can't actually see if it aligns well with the context or visuals of the film opening itself. But we do have general thoughts and ideas. What I am thinking for the intro music is for it to be calm, not something like cozy cafe instrumental music. I'm thinking of something a little more upbeat, but still rather calm, than something to make you feel almost sleepy.

 Following later in the opening, when the first shot of the mysterious figure is shown, different music will be played. This music, I feel, should be eerie; however, not fast-paced. After doing further research on music during openings of horror genres, when there is a killing, the music is fast-paced, but because there is no murder and the figure is just standing there, I believe the music should be slow but engaging. The music should get the audience's heart rate up, have them guessing what is to come with this figure. We have also yet to consider or think about what sounds could potentially be sounds that Jake and I would have to foley. Foley sounds are very difficult and are very hard to make sure the sound is perfect and the time is perfect. There is no room for error. With this being said, if Foley sounds are needed, the process of making them will be included in a later blog post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINKS!!

 HIII BLOG  THIS IS IT!!! Here are all the links to my CCR and the OFFICIAL FILM!!! ENJOYYYYY OFFICIAL Film Opening! https://drive.google.co...