Sunday, January 25, 2026

Transitioning into Portfolio

Introduction to beginning my Portfolio

Created by: Selena Anciso

Hellooo Cambridge! Moving forward, my blog postings will focus on my production and research for my official Cambridge AICE Media Studies AS Final. These blogs will also consist of the behind-the-scenes production of mine and my partner's film opening, along with our whole thought process throughout the duration of the 7 weeks. I'm so excited to begin this huge project, and it's so crazy to think about the school year being almost over, along with this course. Without further ado, let's transition to the project!!!! Utilizing the knowledge I’ve learned, I feel as if I can put together a great film opening. To start this project, my teacher provided us with a lecture on film openings and the importance of creating a clear purpose from the beginning, while also not telling the full story and drawing people in. Here are some of the notes I took throughout the lecture: 



One of the purposes I would like to use for my film opening would be to develop characters. I feel this is a good purpose because when developing your character, you have total freedom and lots of ways to allow your creativity to let loose. Also, when developing a character, I can utilize techniques I've learned previously throughout the course to help me. Such as mine-en-scene, mise-en-scene is the use of costume design, make-up, props, and setting, like a character's room, to help develop that character. Dialogue is another technique that can be fun to mess around with when it comes to developing a character. You have the total freedom to decide how you want your character to talk, or the words used to develop them (the character). This is why I believe this purpose can be used very creatively to create a well-done film opening. 

Another purpose I would like to use would be to establish a background. Establishing a background is another great purpose that allows lots of freedom and lots of creativity. When establishing a background, you can use scene elements such as a TV or radio to help provide context, or also stated previosuly mise-en-scene can also help develop background even without relying on heavy dialogue. However, some short dialogue or even a voice-over (short meaning no more than 30 seconds) can also help build context or develop story/character background. With all that has been said about both purposes, I feel as if my partner and I have lots of freedom and lots of room for development, creativity, and just overall have a fun time working on it! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

LINKS!!

 HIII BLOG  THIS IS IT!!! Here are all the links to my CCR and the OFFICIAL FILM!!! ENJOYYYYY OFFICIAL Film Opening! https://drive.google.co...