As a part of my first of two mise-en-scene blogs, I'm going to talk about the mise-en-scene element of our character Claire's costume design.
I said in my previous blog that Claire is going to have a very cute personality, and I want her costume designed to demonstrate her very sweet personality. After doing some research on the modern style of hiking currently for women, Jake and I have seen that there are today's trending styles. A very popular style for hiking is leggings and a tight jacket with a sports bra. however we feel it gives off a very modernized style, and that's not entirely what we're looking for to portray Claire's personality and character. Here are some images of the current trending hiking attire for women.
Rather than changing the style itself because we still want to go for that modernized look within our film opening, we've decided that we want to focus more on the color scheme of her outfit. Using previous knowledge of color schemes and colors, Colors such as white, pink, orange, and yellow are all gray colors that we could utilize to help portray Claire's personality, with the color white even meaning innocence. We want everything to be cohesive since Claire has a very bubbly, cute personality. We want her outfits to feel very well put together and cohesive. Here are some more pictures that we found that could work in line with our color schemes and color ideas we are going for.




No comments:
Post a Comment