Sunday, February 1, 2026

In The Trees

 The Tree Tops 

Initial Ideas:

After my partner Jake and I had been doing our research on openings with the genres we are interested in portraying, we began brainstorming, but we agreed lets come up with a setting for the opening and then try to build a story or plot with that setting. Jake has been pretty stuck on the idea of a dark forest, which I think is good due to the fact that we are going for a horror or thriller opening. Now the part we struggled with is living in Weston, Florida, where are we going to find a forest? So we had to think outside the box, which really meant outside of Weston. That's when I remembered a while back I went to a friend's house who lives in Davie, Florida, and she took me to this big forest area by her house, which is really a park with a big tree house, a lake, and trails everywhere hidden by the trees. It is known as Tree Tops Park. 


 This is an image of one of the many trails that The Tree Tops has to offer for us. These trails, especially at night, can be used to build that eerie feeling or sense of thrill if utilized correctly. 






                    This is a picture of the tree house that The Tree Tops has available. The tree house is relatively old, but still sturdy and well-maintained. The tree house provides Jake and I many more potential plot ideas bc not only is it all, but it also has that old run-down look to it, which can build off of that scary or thrilling feeling. 






Last but not least, The Tree Tops also has a lake that includes a wooden boardwalk, also known as a footbridge. The boardwalk leads to the middle of the lake and can be used as a fishing spot. This is another aspect of the park that can be well used to develop a horror or thriller plot. 





Overall, The Tree Tops has so much to offer for filming, and is a great place to let creativity run wild in terms of the number of different plots or stories we can develop. My initial thoughts before really brainstorming a plot or discussing our idea with our teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, I am thinking about opening the scene with someone running, however, it would be running away from something or even going on a peaceful run abloivous of everything outside of their headphones. I feel this is a great way to build curiosity or chaos from the start, which is something I stated I wanted to do in my previous post. Adding on to the idea of someone running, they could run to the boardwalk, where there would be something watching from the water or even someone following them, making them trapped since they are in the middle of a lake. As you may be able to see, there are so many ideas for stories to develop within this plot, and I hope my partner and I take the most advantage of this to make a very good film opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINKS!!

 HIII BLOG  THIS IS IT!!! Here are all the links to my CCR and the OFFICIAL FILM!!! ENJOYYYYY OFFICIAL Film Opening! https://drive.google.co...