HIII BLOGGGG!!
As a part of my portfolio project, we also have to do a Critical Creative Reflection. We are given 4 questions about our productions that we must answer creatively. I still haven't thought about how to make my answers to the questions creative, visually pleasing, and entertaining, so I'm going to focus on crafting my answers. Specifically, today's question 1.
Question 1: How does your product use or challenge conventions, and how does it represent social groups or issues?
My answer!
Unfortunatly since we haven't filmed yet, I cannot show you the conventions we have used in our horror opening; however, I can tell you about them. Within one of my very first blogs regarding starting this project, we researched institutional conventions, as well as genre conventions with techniques. But to answer this question, we are going to focus on genre conventions with techniques.
In that blog, I stated the different techniques that are most used in horror and supernatural horror films. Some of these techniques we are actually going to use within our own film, such as close-ups on terrified faces, slow zooms to build dread, and sudden whip-pans to reveal apparitions. As for the second part of the question about how it represents social groups, I am going to speak about the techniques that provide horror-loving audiences with what they want by using these techniques to build that horror suspense or fear of what is to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment